The latest Norden HomeWatch update has just been released and it includes good news for our area with crime figures down in a number of areas.
The update, which covers the period from 13th February to 12th March, reports that:
- Domestic burglaries have reduced during the period.
- There were no commercial burglaries.
- No thefts of motor vehicles were recorded.
- Theft of items from motor vehicles has decreased since the previous period.
There has been approximately 40% reduction in domestic burglaries, streets affected were Redfearn Wood, Scarfield Drive, Clay Lane and Keepers Drive. Peak times for these burglaries were mid afternoon to late evening.
Three thefts from motor vehicles were recorded on Aldermeadow Close, Ellenshaw Close and Town Lane Peak with these taking place from midday to early afternoon. Sadly GMP also report that property was left in plain sight and vehicles were damaged to gain entry and property taken as a consequence.
Despite reduced instances of crime this month please remember that criminals are still about and looking for opportunities in our area. GMP are calling on residents to do all that they can to make it difficult for criminals to operate:
- Ensure your property is fully locked and secured before you go to bed at night.
- Take keys upstairs with you or hide somewhere hidden away.
- NEVER leave keys in doors or near to windows or letterboxes as they can easily be snagged by the ‘hook and cane’ method commonly used.
- Never leave valuables like satnavs, laptops or sports bags on display in your vehicle.
Thieves will steal from you no matter what your circumstances - Don’t make it easy for them.